Hello!

May 26, 2016

My name is Connor Moore and I am rising junior and English (soon to be Political Science) major from the great commonwealth of Pennsylvania. As far as my involvement on campus goes, I am the President of Red Devils Sports Network and Co-Sports Editor at the Dickinsonian and next semester I will be leading a service trip. I am also applying to be Student Senate’s Director of Operations next year. I enrolled in this program because of my interest in nuclear technology which stems from my lifelong love of history and study of the arms race of the Cold War. More recently I have also been fascinated in disasters so I felt that this program fit right in with my interests. It is also really amazing to be able to study the Three Mile Island accident, which happened in my (figurative) backyard and that many members of my family still remember. I cannot wait to learn more about TMI and Fukushima as well as the natural disasters that have affected people both in the United States as well as in Japan.